Health and safety
Wiggins Island Coal Export Terminal (WICET) strives to achieve Zero Harm.
Our aim is to have zero incidents that harm people, put the community within which we operate, or our Project at risk.
Our health and safety principles include:
- Integrate health and safety management into all aspects of our work and decision making as a core requirement
- Consider the life cycle of our Project from design, construction and commissioning, through to operations
- Manage risk by implementing programs to identify, assess, monitor and control hazards.
To achieve our health and safety goals and objectives we will:
- Develop plans for the implementation of the health, safety, environment and community (HSEC) policy including the personnel, equipment and training requirements.
- Set HSEC targets, allocate appropriate resources to achieve those targets, and undertake regular reporting and review of their performance
- Pursue continuous performance improvement including annual reviews of HSEC plans
- Consult with workers and other persons who have a workplace health and safety duty.